Loving Lately: Grove Collaborative
Lots and lots I get asked how I keep up with all the things. From my photo friends, mom friends, ladies I work alongside...all you ladies trying to do the illusive balance routine while still earnestly desiring to love your own people well. So first things first: I don't. Long ago I was taught a helpful rule to ask myself often; if THIS TASK is something my family, friends, clients don't need ME to be doing, how can I outsource or hire this out? Deep cleaning our home, bookkeeping, shopping and cleaning the dog top the list of my favorite things to pay for someone else to do. When I get in a weird, guilty place about having someone else clean my house or paying to wash an animal I could clean in a half hour, I keep in mind it's this practice that increases my capacity. This allows me to do two things - 1. Do more of the work that I love to pay for these services and 2. Spend time doing the things I LOVE, with the people I LOVE.
One of my most faves lately has been Grove Collaborative. It's been a few months of receiving their shipments and I have to say after being super leery of mail order, scheduled household stuff, I'm hooked. They offer GREAT prices on so many items I use to clean, care for Truman, our health and a host of other things. They ship them to my door monthly after asking what it is that I need and I am never sucked into the temptation tornado I like to call Target when I run in for a quick pack of diapers and come out $100 poorer.
This month, Grove is offering you ladies (and gents!?) a little bonus for getting started: One Mrs. Meyer's Hand Soap, Dish Soap and Soy Candle, A 2-pack of their walnut scrubbers and Free Shipping to your doorstep. You just drop another $20 of items in your cart and it's all yours. You can keep receiving monthly shipments of just the items you choose and need or you can cancel as soon as tomorrow, but I doubt you will. Each month I spend a quick 5 minutes adding and subtracting products we need in the month's shipment and my household shopping list is done from the comfort of wherever my laptop is sitting with me. Good stuff y'all.
Top ways I use Grove Collaborative to simplify:
- I LOVE Mrs, Meyer's smells and formulas and I love that I can choose my scents and swap them out seasonally at my sink. This Christmas will be the third year running I whip out her Iowa Pine soaps come December.
- That lime green scrub brush sticking out behind the soaps works like a dream, has a wooden handle that my numb, pregnant hands can latch onto and cleans all my grandma's vintage pyrex great but still scrubs wonderfully with the Mrs. Meyer's surface scrub on my crusty dutch oven.
3. Those walnut scrubbers are awesome, they're neutrally colored (I KNOW a bunch of you appreciate my distaste for the traditional neon sponges) and they work great. I keep this one in the sink of Truman's bathroom. His sandals tend to get pretty stinky, so we give them a scrub on nights he's in the tub, then leave them over the air vent to dry at night. Works like a dream.
4. While I've always liked Mrs. Meyers, I never ventured past the hand soaps until Grove suggested I give her tub and tile cleaner a go. It's my new bestie. Our old cast iron tub needs reglazed, which means it picks up the dirt Leila brings in and often absorbs the bath paint Truman enjoys. A few squirts of this and a weak wipe down with the walnut scrubber and all is new. I also LOVE that I'm not gagging from the smell or feel like I'm endangering my pregnant body from chemicals.
5. LOVE Seventh Generation's liquid dishwasher soap. Cleans better than anything I've tried and I used to be a die hard Kirkland dishwasher pod person.
6. Grove has these AWESOME glass spray bottles. I like to mix up my own cleaning solutions occasionally, but mostly I love that I can water my seedlings and house plants with them. They spray upside down and sideways and haven't gotten clogged for me after 6 months of use. Plus they're gorgeous and glass and I love. We also keep a bottle for Truman's cloth diaper solution in his room for gross hiney issues. 7. Speaking of gross hiney issues and bottoms, Truman goes through phases of soaking his overnight cloth dipes, so I LOVED that Grove has my favorite Seventh Generation's overnight diapers as an option. Not even my bestie, Target carries these. And they work. I keep a pack standard in my monthly shipment and it's been just the right amount for our overnight travels, thirsty days and nights to grandmas.
8. Another Mrs. Meyer's that I was suggested to order: glass cleaner. After I finished up my last bottle of the blue stuff, I ordered this bottle. If I'm honest, I didn't think it would work nor did I expect it to be a match for my fingerprint and dust spotting eyes: I like my mirrors and windows and anything I'm looking into: spotless. This does the job, doesn't have nasty junk in it and smells super.
9. Grove has also come in handy for having me ready to roll to a baby or bridal shower. I keep a few extra items on hand that are my most fave to wrap up with a gift or gift card. They also have a sweet cleaning caddy that is white and simple and perfect for popping supplies in and wrapping up gift-basket style.
10. Vitamins and meds! They offer up a lot of Zarbee's kid's products that I can't find in the big box stores. I also love their prenatals and their immune support gummies for kids. That's that folks. I love opening my monthly box and love all the new items I've been able to change over to from my chemical laden past. I also love that they offer so many kids products that I can't find in stores. If you're even thinking it over a bit, I'd say jump. I wouldn't tell you about something I loved if I didn't reallyyyyy love it. You'll never find me selling ya snake oils or any host of other things that make the rounds these days, but this company has been a sweet little time saver that keeps on giving. Head over and grab up a couple of my favorite items and your free Mrs, Meyer's items, too!